Friday, August 28, 2009

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Read-2.5 hours
Pages 1-58

Ever since the movies came out, I have been obsessed with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I would watch one of the 5-hour (extended version) movies almost every day. I knew most lines by heart, and other viewers would get quite annoyed as I recited them.

My Mom told me if I liked the movies, I should read the books, because books are almost always better than the movies. I always tried to start, but the first few chapters got too confusing for me when I attempted my first time in the 3rd grade. After that, I forgot the Lord of the Rings books and dropped it completely. Now, 6 years later, I decided to pick up and try again.

Now that I understand the general idea of the book now, I am having a hard time putting it down. I think there's something about 3 foot people, wizards, swords, and elves that really sucks you into a book. Ever since I was old enough to zip up my own pants, I loved stuff like that.

The Fellowship of the Ring puts all of those cool elements packed in with an amazing plot. The prologue brings you into a new world called Middle Earth, where all of the elves and dwarves live. Along with the wizards and weird creatures, there are the overlooked little Hobbits, that live in the peaceful Shire, and ignore the world outside. They don't concern themselves with the bigger people, and the big people ignore them. All goes well until a small ring gets into the Shire, owned by Bilbo, and passed down to Frodo. The ring is very powerful though, and the small little band of gold will soon force the Hobbits and big folk to interact.

Dark and evil monsters have been constantly trying to find the ring, but the Shire has always been ignored, so the ring has been safe in the hands of Bilbo and Frodo. The ring of power has it's own mind, and it wants to be found by evil. The monsters of the Dark Lord finally seep into the Shire, and the ring is no longer safe. Frodo must now run with the ring, and prevent evil from gaining the terrible power the ring has, and save Middle Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment